Mental Health Resources for Students:
Biblical Counselor: Michelle Horton-Gall michelle@heartsongcounseling.
Student Response Cards for Invite Week: Student Response Cards
Club Packets (for teacher hosts): 2022-2023 FP packets
Steps for launching a club (for printing): How to launch a club three to a page
Letter of Intent to Meet for students to launch: Letter of Intent to Meet
Understanding the EPIC Cycle EPIC flyer 2 to a page
Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Form for First Priority
Child Abuse Prevention Statement
Click on the Students tab for EPIC lessons and behavioral health resources
First Priority of Tampa Bay Alumni Program
If you are a former First Priority student and would like to join our Alumni Program, please click here
Next Path Career Partners provides career placement in Florida. If you were previously involved in First Priority or a friend and would like help with career placement, please contact Stephanie Markese, Vice President: email@example.com and reference First Priority of Tampa Bay.
- Changes that Heal, Dr. Henry Cloud
- Boundaries in Dating, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Safe People, Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Exxxit, John Hammer
- The Teenage Brain by Dr. Francis E. Jensen
- Shepherding A Child’s Heart by Ted Tripp
- Peacemaking for Families by Ken Sande
- A Small Book About a Big Problem: Meditations on Anger, Patience and Peace by Ed Welch
Information about the rights of students to meet on campus:
- Understanding the Equal Access Act
- Information about the First Amendment: Understanding the First Amendment (559 downloads)
- Information about free speech
- Hillsborough County Public Schools Guidelines, Policies/Procedures for Faith Based partnerships: Faith-Based Partnership Guidelines (434 downloads)
- Read a letter from First Liberty Law Firm concerning First Priority student-led Christian clubs: Liberty Counsel Letter – First Priority (412 downloads)
- Learn more about a recent challenge to a school district concerning Christian organizations: Freedom Guard responds to ACLU attack on Airline High (417 downloads)
- Teachers’ guide concerning faith: A Teacher’s Guide to Religion in Public Schools (383 downloads)
- Religious Freedom Pamphlet (includes info on teacher hosts and club size mandates): Religious Freedom Pamphlet
- Photo release forms: Photo Release Form (419 downloads)
- First-Priority-Launch-Worksheet. First-Priority-Launch-Worksheet (633 downloads)
- Informed Consent and Release Form for a Minor: Informed Consent and Release Form for a Minor (389 downloads)
- Club Evaulation Form for staff and approved adult volunteers First Priority Club Evaluation Form
First Priority is committed to following the guidelines of the federal Equal Access Act as it relates to students, teachers and visitors. Understanding your role as a faculty sponsor or host of a First Priority meeting is vital.
If First Priority is meeting as a formal club on “club day” or during a “club period” then a Faculty Sponsor is required. If the First Priority meets during a time not designated as a “club day” (before or after school, or during lunch), then the group is meeting informally and may need a faculty member to secure a meeting location or to be present at meetings.
The school administration or district CANNOT mandate the minimum size of the club (for example: require students to have 20 students before approval to meet). This is upheld under the Equal Access Act law click HERE
Under the federal Equal Access Act, teachers serve in a “custodial” role. Teachers may help students secure a meeting location, communicate with administration, access school and First Priority resources, and help students maintain the club. However, teachers can NOT participate in or lead the meetings, or pray with students. If you have questions or would like to request a club/group packet, please contact us.
Here are a few resources to help:
U.S. Department of Education: Legal Guidelines Regarding Equal Access:
Legal Guidelines Regarding Equal Access (577 downloads)
A Teacher’s Guide to Religion in Public Schools:
A Teacher’s Guide to Religion in Public Schools (383 downloads)
Understanding the Equal Access Act:
Understanding the Equal Access Act (537 downloads)
Answers to important questions:
Religious Freedom Pamphlet
To view the Equal Access Act law click HERE
If you are a youth pastor or youth leader: We would like to partner with you to train your students for campus ministry.
if you would like a First Priority representative to speak to your youth group about how students can reach their campuses for Christ or interview with FP about serving, please contact us.
First Priority adheres to district guidelines for training adult volunteers and resourcing students. All volunteers are required to annually attend training and complete a background check before being considered for service. First time volunteers must also participate in a face-to-face interview with a staff member. Click here to see the diagram for faith based organizations serving on campus: Diagram for serving on campus
Diagram for serving on campus (443 downloads)
Club Evaulation for for staff and approved adult volunteers: First Priority Club Evaluation Form
Get In Touch
P.O. Box 10731
Tampa, Fl 33679